Access to Public Information
Freedom of Information
- Maine's Freedom of Access Act: Your Right to Know
State of Maine resource site: information about the law, how to make a request to state government, agency contacts, and requirements.
- Maine's Freedom of Access Statute
Maine law that covers public access to state government meetings and records.
- Maine Freedom of Information Coalition
- National Freedom of Information Coalition
- FOI Resource from the Society for Professional Journalists
Electronic Access to Information
- Maine's Electronic Access to Public Information Act (InforME)
The legislation (1998) that created InforME, the Information Resource of Maine, to enable eGovernment in Maine. Part of InforME's purpose is to improve access to public governmental information by providing it through electronic means.
- About InforME's Mission, Board, and Activities
- Online Services
List of online services through Maine.gov. Complete transactions, conduct searches, and use other interactive services to get information and government services quickly and conveniently.
Top Online Services
- Corporations Search
- UCC Filing
- Corporate Annual Reports Filing
- Tax Filing & Payment Services
- Business Answers