Welcome to the Maine Moose Permit Lottery
Using this online service you will be able to enter into the Maine Moose Permit Lottery. From the list of lottery applicants, the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife will administer a chance drawing to select winners for a Maine Moose Hunting Permit. To hunt moose in Maine, hunters must have one of these special Moose Hunting Permits.
Note: Apprentice licenses may NOT be used by a lottery winner to receive a permit.
Applications must be completed by 11:59 pm (ET) on May 15, 2017.
Moose Lottery drawing to be held in June 2017.
Who can use this service?
You are eligible to apply if:
- You are eligible to obtain a Maine Big Game Hunting License or will be eligible to obtain a Maine Big Game Hunting License by the opening day of the Moose hunting season.
Fees are based on residency and the number of chances purchased. For a complete list of entry and permit fees, vist the FAQs.
What will I need?
To complete the application you will need:
- Current Hunting License if you are applying with a Superpack license.
- Personal information (Name, Address, DOB, etc)
- Sub-permittee information (if applicable)
- Credit or debit card (Discover, Visa and Mastercard accepted)
Attention: Following successful lottery application payment, you will receive a confirmation number. This confirmation number will be your proof that your application was successfully completed.
Questions about this Service? Contact IF&W at: (207) 287-8000 or Email: email@example.com